Brougham Primary School is an academy school and is part of Ad Astra Academy Trust. The board of trustees of Ad Astra Academy Trust is the admissions authority for the school, however the trust commissions Hartlepool Borough Council to undertake the administration of the admissions process on its behalf.
The admissions policy effective from 2018/19 admissions round, is as follows: Parents/carers are invited to express preferences for up to 3 primary schools in priority order and give reasons for their preferences.
In the first instance, places will be awarded to those pupils with a statement of special educational needs/Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) where the school is named in the statement or recorded in the plan.
The remaining places will be awarded in the following priority order:
- those children who are looked after children and previously looked after children (previously looked after children are children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order)
- those children who have brothers or sisters who will be attending the school in September 2017
- those children who live in the school’s admission zone
- those children who are distinguished from the great majority of other applicants whether on medical grounds or by other exceptional circumstances and who would suffer significant hardship if they were unable to attend the school
- those children who live closest to the school as determined by a ‘straight line’ distance measurement
- from the (ordnance survey) address point for the child’s home to the (ordnance survey) address point of the school.
Tiebreaker: If more children qualify under a particular criterion than there are places available, priority will be given to those children who live closest to the school (as described under criteria 5).