In Brougham Primary School, we understand that good behaviour is a necessary condition for learning. Our school policy aims to ensure that all leaders and staff create a safe, calm, orderly and positive environment through the use of a clear and consistent approach to promote positive behaviour, whilst having a strong focus on attendance and punctuality.
We aim to:
- To promote and develop effective relationships with pupils and staff to understand all pupils and their influences.
- Teach learning behaviors and routines, alongside managing misbehavior, this includes defining what we consider to be unacceptable behaviour.
- Ensure everyone feels safe and secure, and pupils learn in a calm, organised whole school environment.
- Set clear and consistent routines and expectations for the behaviour of pupils and staff across all aspects of school life.
- Encourage pupils to become positive, responsible and independent members of the school community, whilst acquiring the necessary interests, attitudes, values and personal resources in order that they may become responsible citizens in a rapidly changing world.
Please click below to download the full Promoting Positive Behaviour Policy